Friday, July 23

Enchanted Fairy Party

"It's All in the Details," they say.... and for this wonderful little girl's party, I couldn't get enough of the details. It seemed that every where I looked, I found inspiration for this woodland fairy theme. I truly could have kept designing for months! I hope you enjoy the pictures and gather a bit of inspiration yourself for your little girl's next birthday bash.


The enchanted fairy table setting complete with toadstool seats. I made the tree from a piece of driftwood, and fashioned some windows, shutters, window boxes and the door from some thin wood pieces. The tree top was actually made by covering the top of a green turtle sandbox (yes, you heard me right!) with burlap, then adding moss, leaves and ferns.

What a magical setting

The fairy house

I covered the iron garden gates with spray glue, then moss (a MESSY project!!) and then added some silk floral garlands, glittery leaf sprays, and I made a Happy Birthday sign for the birthday girl.

The fairy's place setting - I sewed all the napkins and napkin rings and attached a bird nest with a sweet bird on top. I made all the fairies and their toadstools. The fairy were wood parts from Hobby Lobby, embroidery thread hair, pipe cleaner arms covered in flesh colored embroidery thread and finally a skirt made from a silk flower and a hat from the silk flower, too. The glasses were flower vases from IKEA.


Fairy place cards - each girl had a placecard and a unique fairy at her seat.

The Fairy Food Table - I used various items from the woods to create this party dessert table. I had marshmallow pops covered in pink chocolate and sprinkles (Magical Marshmallow Pops), sandwiches cut into butterfly shapes with a bit of butter and then multi colored non pareils on top (Pixie Dust Sandwiches), cupcakes were displayed on clear plates made into a cupcake stand by cutting down tree trunks and making the various layers, fruit skewers with a cantaloupe star on top (Fairy Fruit Wands), some Fairy Berry Juice and Crunchy Butterflies (small pretzel twists) and Fairy Trail Mix (Chex Mix).


Sweet Sulli's Birthday Cake with her mini birthday banner


Buttercream White Chocolate Fairy Cakes with fondant decorations


The Fairy House craft table - the girls each made a fairy house from a bird house and various natural elements like moss, sticks, acorn, leaves, etc.


Mushroom Grotto - I made the mushrooms by using cylinder shapes (plastic megaphones, tomato cages) and covering them with batting and fabric. I used cocoa plant liners for the mushroom caps -- I painted them with spray paint and added felt circles for the full effect.

Their Pixie Dust making station - The girls used colored sand and a little glitter and made their very own pixie dust to take home. They each were given a container with a silk flower glued to the top to mix their own pixie dust.

The Land of Flowers where the girls played a fun game. I told them the Tooth Fairy had flown overhead the previous night and accidentally dropped her money bag. The girls found all the coins and the Tooth Fairy was so happy, she let them keep the money.
I made the flowers by using a wire flower I bought at Hobby Lobby then added crepe paper and felt backings, attaching it to a green dowl and adding large felt leaves.

Games were everywhere in the forest. I made a Pin the Wand on the Fairy game that the girls enjoyed playing. They each got a pixie stick after their turn and the winner received her own bag of candies.

The Flower Ring Toss Game


The girls looked for moonrocks around the Shimmering Lake so the could give them to the gnome to enter the forest




The girls' beautiful costumes -- I made the tutu's, bought the leotards and plain wings, and embellished all with ferns, leaves, and flowers. They were so beautiful in their costumes!!



Their sparkling fairy wands that I made from Christmas ornaments, painted paper machie stars and curling ribbon.


It was a wonderful time for all! I want to thank Jamie at Giggledust Parties for some of the wonderful inspiration for this party. Jamie is an inspiration to me and proof that a busy mommy with lots of little kiddies and a passion to create beautiful parties for children CAN do it! So thank you Jamie - You are my Idol!

You can find the Amanda's Parties To Go's FAIRY PARTY PRINTABLES set here in my shop to help you host your own enchanted fairy party. 




34 comments:

TonyaB said...

Hi Amanda! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this party. Such awesome details. Question: how did you make those awesome toadstools that are in the woods?

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Wow Wow Wow! LOVE this! You did an amazing JOB!

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

To Tonya....
They are a compliation of quite a few things, depending on their size, but the large ones are tomato cages wrapped in thin cardboard, then batting, then fabric. Some of the smaller stems were a megaphone shape plastic item I bought with the same batting & fabric on top. The mushroom top is a painted coco liner for a planter, which also come in different sizes. Then I cut out the circles in white felt and hot glued them on. It was quite a project to make so many, but soooo soooo worth it in the end. Hope this helps, and thanks for your sweet words!
Amanda

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

This party is so amazing, I can't get over the adorable details! Love, love, love!

Jillian said...

Hi Amanda,

What a gorgeous party! I wanted to let you know it's rotating in our Party of the Day on our Catch My Party homepage.

To view it in rotation click here:

http://catchmyparty.com/

To view it with a permalink (so you can send it to your friends), click here:

http://catchmyparty.com/party-of-the-day/199

To grab an "I was featured on Catch My Party" button for your blog, click here:

http://catchmyparty.com/about#buttons

We love the party, thanks again for adding it, and please let us know when you add another so we can showcase it, too.

All the best,

Jillian

jillian@catchmyparty.com

Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts said...

WOW...what a beautiful party!!!

Anonymous said...

STUNNING! I love all the details! I'm sure the girls had a blast.
And by the way, I love your blog design!

Lorena Cagnotti said...

You did an an amazing job! Love the details!

Genevieve Richer said...

TOTAL SUPERCHICK EVENT!!! Where have you been all my life?!!! lol Caught your party via Celebrations At Home and holly hell! If THIS event doesn't put you on the map, nothing will! OUTSTANDING design and styling! I'm your newest follower!
Genevieve =)

The Tablescaper said...

This is wonderful!!! My daughters and I also love throwing themed parties. You've got a lot of creativity goin on there!

- The Tablescaper

Unknown said...

SUCH a beautiful party! I cannot get over the fairy house centerpiece. It's amazing. Seriously. Love all the little details. Wonderful job!!

Glory/ Glorious Treats said...

Such an incredibly beautiful party!! I can't get over the giant tree (fairy house) on the table!! I can't imagine how much time you must have spend preparing all of the fabulous decorations! Really beautiful job!!

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

Thank you all for making my week!

~Brandy~ said...

Beautiful!! Your fairy party is absolutely a delight to see. Thank you so much for sharing it.

I would love to do a post on my blog about it. LMK. :)

jamie@giggledustparties said...

Great job on the fairy party! I love how you used a real tree as the table centerpeice. Thanks for mentioning me as your inspiration!

Elizabeth {sunny bug} said...

Amazing! Details are everything and this has it! I'm bookmarking for inspiration and **following** Thanks for sharing this! ~Liz

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lorie said...

This party is beyond amazing! So many wonderful details. I can't even begin to pick a favorite!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

Wow... simply amaizing. Can you please share some light as to how did you do the fairy tree? I would love to try to do one myself.

You are very talented!!!

Jane said...

Wow Amanda, this is the most amazing children's party I have ever seen. I will use it as THE benchmark for all parties!! Every little detail .. simply glorious, the costumes, the party favors, the party food table, the centre piece of all centre prices, the signs, the fairies!!! Oh My!!!!! Well done and thanks so much for sharing.

I hope you don't mind but I had to post some of your party pictures on my own blog so that my friends in Australia could see what you have done and go "wow" aswell.

fdkljsdflkgj said...

Seriously....im 27 years old and I would be in heaven if this was MY birthday party! haha! awesome job!

Unknown said...

Love Love Love- thank you for sharing! sarah at societypicnic.com

societypicnic said...

Amazing details. I adore the driftwood house. Thank you so much for sharing! sarah with Societypicnic.com

Katie Mar said...

oh my gosh!!! this is the cutest thing EVER!!

Kara said...

Greatpost thanks so much for the inspiration

Zaara's Mummy said...

Lovely party! Where did you find the tall bird house on the craft table? Would appreciate it very much if you sent me an email. My email address is on my website www.zaarascloset.com. Thanks.

Christina said...

Did you do anything to the wood before putting food on it. Like the play for sandwiches. I just love love everything you did.

Amber said...

These are darling ideas! Thank you for sharing! Another cute party favor idea : http://www.etsy.com/listing/97051266/fairy-party-favor-set-of-20-pink-and

Ariana Sullivan said...

This is pretty much the ideal fairy party! So awesome! That tree house is just the best thing ever. Every little detail... I'm just blown away by it all!

parker o-rings said...

Thanks for the info.

yanmaneee said...

christian louboutin shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
adidas nmd
nike sneakers
christian louboutin
golden goose
nike air huarache
kd shoes
air jordan
nike off white

Wilson Kuek said...


Great website. Thank you very much. 1.0
Thanks , Thanks , Thanks , Thanks , Thanks , Thanks , Thanks , Thanks , Thanks , Thanks

Unknown said...

replica bags in china replica bags gucci replica bags supplier

bellaspa said...

Body treatments of b2b spa near me can help improve skin health by cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing the skin.