Friday, December 2

Hot Cocoa Bar Ideas

As promised, today I'm sharing the photos from the Hot Cocoa Bar which were a part of the dessert table photo shoot I styled for Amanda's Parties To Go's latest Christmas printable set, Candy Christmas.

This is such a fun and inexpensive idea for holiday parties. Include lots of candies and sweet toppings for family or children's parties or add some mix-ins like Kahlua or peppermint Schnapps for adult parties. It comes together quickly, too, with mostly store-bought products.



Food labels from the Candy Christmas printables set were used to label sundae glasses filled with various store bought yummies like M&M’s, chocolate chips and toffee. Batting was used under the glasses to simulate “snow” and some "softness" to the metal stand.

Pin It

I love to have a backdrop behind all of my party tables, and this hot cocoa was no exception. Using various widths of white ribbon and white tulle stapled onto a 1”x4” board created a simple ribbon backdrop. Adding some craft store snowflakes hung on fishing line completed the wintry look. 




Peppermint marshmallows, chocolate covered peppermint sticks and chocolate peppermint spoons were placed close to the cocoa mugs for fun stirrers. 


Mugs were embellished easily with some tied ribbon, a plastic candy cane (from a garland purchased at Hobby Lobby) and a printable "Yum" logo. 

An oversized snowman made from styrofoam balls was a fun focal point for the bar. If you'd like to find out more about how to make your own, you can click here: SNOWMAN CENTERPIECE.

Covering your thermos' and other containers with a little decorative tissue paper, ribbon and a printable logo turn the not-so-pretty into something perfectly fitting for your cocoa bar.



Covering peppermint sticks with white candy coating and adding some sparkling sugar makes wonderfully sweet cocoa stirrers.

A hot cocoa mug logo from the printables collection was used as a focal point on the front of the table. The garland was made using some strips of white tulle and Dollar Tree snowflakes.


The CANDY CHRISTMAS printables set is available for only $9.00 in my Etsy shop right now and includes the hot cocoa bar printables, too!

To see more photos from the dessert table using this printables set, just click here:
DESSERT TABLE


16 comments:

Trish - Sweetology101 said...

purely awesome....such talent.

Ridgely's Radar said...

Absolutely adorable! Great ideas!

Jennifer @Miss Maggie's Place said...

I bought this set & I LOVE it. I was working on putting it together last nite.:) I can't wait to use this for my Girl Scout party.

Katie@a mom, a wife, and a me said...

Love this idea, we have a cookie party coming up.. saving this to my must do list!

Joanna B said...

Oh my goodness, SOO cute! I love all of your ideas, I might have to use a few for a party we are planning!

Shannon said...

So super cute, love all of it! Did you make your white sign holders? If so would you mind sharing how? Thanks! ~Shannon :)

Amanda at Shindig said...

Hi Shannon, those are actually frames from TJ Maxx but you could use an ornate from and glue it to a candlestick and then paint everything white.

Deana@CountryMommaCooks said...

Great photography........just joined up.....

babykitty said...

Hi Amanda! I am impressed and speechless! You´re so talented! All of that wonderful ideas and beautiful pictures! I think, I am going to take over some of your ideas for this holiday season! Unfortunately I have to improvise due to the fact that I live in Germany (I´m really sorry because of my german accent)... Merry Christmas to you! Best wishes from Sara

Shooting Stars Mag said...

aw, cute. this would be a really fun party!!

lauren

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

Can I please come over for cocoa?I would love if you stopped over to link up at Get Schooled Saturday a Too Much Time on my Hands!

http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/2011/12/get-schooled-saturday-3.html

TidyMom said...

What a bright and fun idea!!

Thanks for linking up, I featured this post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2011/holiday-foods/

Have a Merry Christmas!

Cooking for My Kids said...

What a beautiful display for your cocoa bar. I love it!

Tutus & Tea Parties said...

Lovely! I am hosting Christmas Eve and am planning on doing a smaller version of a hot cocoa bar! Yours looks gorgeous!

I'd love for you to link up and share: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2011/12/pinteresting-party-with-christmas.html

Brittany said...

Thanks so much for posting this, this is great!

Anonymous said...

I'm all set for this years holidays. Thank you for all the great ideas. I can't wait to have my red and white celebration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...