Friday, January 7

NEW Football Party Printables

With all the holiday hoopla I haven't had a chance to feature a football party I styled for a little six year old boy this past month. Living in Auburn with a #1 football team this season has been great fun, and it's no wonder this little Tiger fan wanted to celebrate his special day "War Eagle" style. Melissa, his mom, was wonderful to work with. I think she's got it all down pat -- with 4 boys ranging in age from 3 to 9, this lady has had lots of experience with birthday parties!

We made a fun dessert table and lots of football themed printables to go with it.... cupcake toppers, pennant banners, water bottle labels, favor tags and more. And yes, just in case your wondering, the printables are in my Etsy shop now and best of all, you can CHOOSE YOUR OWN TEAM COLORS! Believe it or not, I made this entire table for less than $100!

Photobucket

The dessert table was styled with gameday fun in mind -- a little astroturf for a tablecloth, a few pennants, team colors and of course, the field goal post. Using PVC pipe from the plumbing section of the hardware store, I made the goal post to display the birthday boy's name. After creating the post from pvc, I put a little hot glue on all the fittings to make sure they would stay in place, and then I painted the whole thing bright yellow with spray paint. I used a Dollar Tree trash can in white with some plaster of paris to secure the goal post in place. After the plaster dried, I cut a small piece of the astroturf to cover the plaster.

The letters for Chap's name were purchased at Hobby Lobby. They were the chipboard capital letters sold in the scrapbook section. I then printed out 4 sheets of the polka dot papers that come with the Team Colors Football printable collection, and traced a letter onto each sheet, alternating colors. Next I cut the letters out and used some Elmer's glue to adhere the paper to the letter. The number 6 also came from Hobby Lobby but was found in the paper machie box section.

I used megaphones and foam footballs, also from the Dollar Tree, to create the cupcake stand centerpieces. I covered them in 12"x12" scrapbook paper (which didn't completely cover the back, but you could piece it together to cover or you could just leave the back unfinished) and then used blue and white polka dot ribbon (Hobby Lobby) to finish off each end of the megaphone.

The cupcake stands were made from boxes covered in a football-leather looking fabric that I purchased at Hancock Fabrics. I then cut a piece of astroturf (Home Depot) to fit the top and added an orange and white polka dot ribbon (Hobby Lobby) for some color.

And the backdrop was made by covering a 4'x4' board with a $4.00 navy blue sheet from Walmart. Easy peasy and inexpensive, too!

Photobucket

The rest of the party table features more of the Team Colors Football printables.... cupcake toppers in 4 designs (2 of which you can add your own text), football-look cupcake wraps, 2 colors of toothpick pennant flags, larger striped pennant flags in 2 colors, polka dot water bottle wraps with personalization of the birthday child's age, favor tags with name personalization, and I also used the striped papers from the collection to cover plain white snack boxes that I purchased from the Dollar Tree (wedding section).

Photobucket

The boys had great fun wearing their team jerseys and especially playing football on the "real football field" that Chap's dad painted while they were at school that day. My absolute favorite part of the day was seeing Chap's face when he came home from school and saw his backyard turned into an Auburn gameday field. How fun is that??

The Team Colors Collection is in the shop now and features your choice of two team colors. And great news -- there are lots more items in the collection not featured here like food label cards, signs, napkin wraps, and football cut outs. Use the printables for college teams, pro teams, or even your child's own football team. It's great for birthday parties, but could also be used for end-of-season pee wee football parties or even tailgates. And there's a listing for an invitation and thank you note, too.

I hope Chap's party brings some inspiration for your next football fun day! And if you'd like to see more photos from the party, I've posted lots on FACEBOOK HERE.
Photobucket

36 comments:

Live Smile Celebrate said...

Wow that looks so adorable!! I love the colors you used.

The Schlipf Family said...

LOVE it! The design will be perfect for Blake's 2nd birthday party. Go ILLINI!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

What a fun party!!

Unknown said...

Adorable! Love the colors! :)

Frog Prince Paperie said...

Great event! Love the decor, and the kids look like they had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!! I LOVE your use of astroturf : )

mom22 said...

I LOVE this!!! So adorable for boys! Wish I would have saw this last week for our Badger Rose Bowl party. Maybe a Packer super bowl party... :)

testing 1 said...

Absolutely amazing! I LOVE the colors too! I have boys so I always appreciate a good 'boy' party! I would love to share with my readers!

Modern Mindy said...

Love the whole party! Looks like a ton of fun!

Modern Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CWBD Parties said...

This is very cute, Miss Amanda! I love the Goal Post!

Elle Belles Bows said...

What a perfect table! Love all of your printables and hard work! Kerri

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

I just made a set of Packer printables for a custom order. If you'd like them, just email me at shindigparties@gmail.com

Thanks everyone -- it was great fun!

Anonymous said...

It looks WONDERFUL!!!

Michelle @ Thrifty101 said...

Such cute ideas! I love the paint a field!

Amanda said...

This was featured today over at Today's Top 20! Hooray!

Amanda
www.todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Everything on your site is so cute!! You are VERY talented!!

Sam

Chiara said...

What a fun party! I bet your son loved it. You were creative with every detail--great job!

Cari @ Socially Circled said...

Absolutely LOVE this party! The table was phenomenal!!!

Jen said...

I love this party! WAR EAGLE!! Can you believe we did it?! National Champs! Woo hoo!

Amanda @ Frills and Frolic said...

Great printable collection & styled fabulously!

I featured it today on my Football Roundup!--Also your Steelers & Packers ones too!

Amanda

http://frillsandfrolic.blogspot.com/2011/01/fab-finds-are-you-ready-for-some.html

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Visiting Via the Weekend Wrap Up, this is an amazing party. Love the colour scheme and all the thrifty and resourceful details.

Samantha said...

Hi, I see you posted this in January, and I have visited your ETSY store. I am planning my son's first birthday and I want to do a football party (it's in October) I see your Football printables and love it. The only problem is we are house divided. We live in Birmingham, but my husband and I both grew up in Decatur (I saw your husband was from there) anyhow, can you do both Auburn and Alabama in one set or would I need to order two? Please let me know. Thanks. samantha.ebert@gmail.com

Amy Croushorn said...

WOW! Just found you though Catch My Party! As an AU Alum with a 7 year old who is a die hard fan too, we just love your party!!!

I would love to feature this on our blog if you don't mind! We are promoting our tailgate party packs and your party is a perfect tie-in.

Let me know!

Amy
Make It Mine Parties
Amy's Party Ideas

Lizard Rae said...

I love this! I did a football party for my son's 8th birthday 2 years ago. It was cute, but not nearly THIS cute! I wish I'd seen these printables then!

Zoe said...

Cute! I will have to keep this in mind for my nephews birthday- that painting a field is a brilliant idea!

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

This is so cute! just pinned this!
I would love it if you come link this up at Scrappy Saturdays @ candacecreations.blogspot.com

TidyMom said...

What fun!! I love it!!

Thanks so much for linking up to my party! I featured your post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2011/great-ideas-8/

Have a great holiday weekend.

Teri said...

So very cute. Great ideas! I linked to you from Strut Your Stuff.
Thanks

Joni Nickrent said...

TOO COOL! Awesome party fun! Will have to share with my niece her little boy would love this! POP ART MINIS

Sara @ Mom Endeavors said...

That is absolutely adorable! I LOVE the football theme!!! :) Such a fun party!
I have a new link party "College Football Saturday Tailgate" and would love to have you link it up! :)
http://www.momendeavors.com/2011/09/college-football-saturday-tailgate-chili-cheese-dip.html

Jennifer said...

So awesome!!! Love it! What type of boxes did you use to cover for the cupcake stands? I can't tell the size or if they are shirt boxes??? They look taller than that. Would love some input on these. Thanks!!! The party is precious!!

cathy p said...

What are the dimensions of the home-made football goal post that features the birthday boy's name? Thanks!

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.11.5
nike shoes
longchamp outlet
canada goose
pandora charms
christian louboutin outlet
manolo blahnik
jordan clothing
true religion jeans outlet
supreme clothing
moncler outlet

Steve said...

I saw your post you are doing such great work. Now I am telling you about a business. I have offered all of you Window Gift Boxes with free shipping. We are working in the USA but we are delivered over solution throughout the world. We also offer wholesale discounts as well.
Window Gift Boxes
Pencils Boxes
Packaging for Lip Gloss
cosmetic boxes

thoatulou said...

navigate heremy blog click sitemy company Check This Outclick to find out more