Friday, April 1

Easter Bunny Cupcakes!!

Photobucket
I wanted to make a simple little Easter treat and really didn't want to have to run out to the store, so I decided to use a few supplies that I had in the house. Yes, being in the party business means things like powdered donuts and M&Ms are almost always available when you need a sugar fix! 
So here he is.... Mr. Easter Donut Bunny!

This is what you'll need:

Cupcakes
Powdered donuts
Pink marshmallows (I used the heart kind because that's what I had, but you could also use the small pastel ones that you can find in stores now)
Black round sprinkles
Red mini M&Ms
Pink peanut M&Ms (or jelly beans would work, too)
Small white marshmallows
Toothpicks
Karo syrup (light corn syrup)
Clean paintbrushes
Uncooked angel hair pasta noodles (or spaghetti noodles)
Black food coloring
Colored coconut (or you could use green sparkling sugar or green sprinkles for grass)
Can of white frosting (to act as glue)



Step 1: Add a little colored coconut to the top of your cupcake (you can color coconut by placing a little green food dye in a small plastic container with a lid and adding coconut - then put the lid on and shake until the coconut is dyed). Put a donut on top of your cupcake and insert a toothpick into another donut and stand it on top of the first donut.


Step 2: Cut another donut in half to make bunny ears.



Step 3: Add a half of a toothpick to each ear and stick them on top of your middle donut.


Step 4: Add a little white frosting to the center of your middle donut.


Step 5: Make a nose by placing a pink peanut M&M or a jelly bean into the icing and hold for a minute until it sticks.


Step 6: Cut a small white marshmallow in half for the eyes. Next, add a little Karo syrup to your marshmallow with a paintbrush and adhere a round black sprinkle to the center for an eyeball. If you can't find round black sprinkles (I get mine around Halloween at Walmart), just use a black edible marker to make a pupil or you could just use chocolate chips for the eyes. Now add a little white frosting the back of your marshmallow and place it on your bunny face above the nose. Repeat for the other eye.


Step 7: Cut your pink heart marshmallow in half and pinch the sticky side together to make the marshmallow rounded. Add frosting to the back side and place under the bunny's nose to make cheeks. Repeat for the other cheek.


Step 8: Add a mini red M&M in the middle of the cheeks for a tongue. You can attach it with a little frosting.

Step 9: Use a clean paintbrush to brush some black food coloring onto a piece of uncooked angel hair pasta (or spaghetti noodle). Wipe off the excess with a paper towel, and then cut your noodle into pieces about 1.5" long. Use a toothpick to make 3 small holes on each side of the bunny's cheeks and place the noodle inside the hole with a little frosting.


Step 10: Pat yourself on the back -- YOU DID IT!!


Photobucket

Isn't he cute?? And simple enough for the kids, too! And best of all.... NO BAKING!!! I hope you enjoyed today's little Easter project.


Have a great weekend!

41 comments:

Vicki said...

Too cute!!! Wish I had seen this yesterday...would have picked up some donuts! We are having a Snow Day..these would have been fun! We will definitely be making these soon!
Thanks for sharing such a fun idea!

Unknown said...

These are so FUN!!! Once again, you've knocked my socks off! I always look forward to seeing what you'll come up with next!!! :)

Kristin said...

Love this! Your creative mind never rests, for which we are glad because you give us inspiration! Thank you!

Erin said...

Absolutely adorable! You are so stinkin' clever!!!

Sue said...

So darling and clever! Thanks for the tutorial!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

These are too cute for words! I just love love love them. They make you smile for sure.
www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

Debbie~ said...

Adorable, what a fun project for older kiddos to make too! Thanks for sharing these with us, I looove making cupcakes, so I'll definitely make these!(I especially loved the pasta whiskers)! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

Jennifer said...

I love these! They are so cute! Thanks for sharing, found you over at Be Diff, Act Normal.
Jen
Scissors & Spatulas

Anonymous said...

Those are amazingly adorable!

Cheryl said...

OK . . . these are adorable!!!! What a fun idea!
I am your newest follower!
Come visit me at www. LetsCountBlessings.blogspot.com
(I can't wait to go through the rest of your fun blog!)

Rene' said...

NO. WAY.
You are the most creative person ever!

Jami said...

What a fantastic idea!!!

Brandy J. said...

Okay, yet another ridiculously cute project! You are one talented woman!

Parents of a Dozen said...

Oh so cute! I am your newest follower.

Unknown said...

So dang Stinken cute, I adore it. What a great tutorial too. I don't see CraftOManiac linked though ;( winks-jen

All Things Fee said...

Absolutely adore this!

Would love to see you share this on my new link party!

http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2011/04/want-to-party.html

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

This is SOoooooooooo adorable! love it

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

Thank you all! And Jen from Craft-O-Maniac, you were the third in the list of links! I wouldn't forget you!

Amy @ A Little Nosh said...

That is seriously cute and creative!

(Found you on Made by You Monday)

Unknown said...

I can't tell you how much I love these. I have to make them. I shared this link on my CraftOManiac FB page. winks-jen

Wende said...

These are so stinkin' cute! Can't wait to make them. I shared adorable idea on my Must Try Tuesday blog post today.

http://therickettchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/04/must-try-tuesday-april-5-2011.html

Thanks for sharing another great recipe!

Wende

Joi Montrief said...

So cute! I wanna make these! I found you on Running With Glitter!
Following you now!
Check out my blog at:
http://www.heckfridays.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

I hope you don't mind, I'm going to feature these darling cupcakes tonight! Thanks for sharing!
Jen
Scissors & Spatulas

Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

Hi! I featured you this Week on the Running With Glitter Friday Spotlight. http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/04/friday-spotlight.html
Thank you for linking up with us!

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

So adorable and cute! I love it!
Hugs ~*~Wendy~*~

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Way too cute & I bet oh so yummy!

Hani said...

Hi,

This is such a cute project for easter. Loving the look of the bunny! I have featured you on my blog. Don't forget to grab your featured button..
Thanks
Love
Hani
http://craftionary.blogspot.com

annies home said...

love it they are adorable thanks for sharing the great tutorial Please come over to my blog and see what easter goodies I am sharing http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

These are adorable!! So much detail they are almost too cute to eat! If you get a sec, pop on over to Foodie Friday and link up! Oh, and I found you on Fireflies and Jellybeans. :)

Anonymous said...

so so soooo fantastic!
stopping by from Trendy Treehouse!
Please stop by and say hi

xoxo
bB
www.itsybitsybrianna.wordpress.com

chris said...

These are adorable. I think they are so clever.

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

Your bunny rabbits are AMAZING!

Myself and 2 other great bloggers are hosting THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS and the theme this week is "EASTER COOKIES & TREATS" and I think this is a great recipe for that! We would love for you to stop on by and link up your recipe if you wish! Hope to see you there!!! :-)

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/04/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-25.html

Ewa said...

so cute, I love that idea!

Baking Decorations said...

So cute! Great idea and really good step by step instructions. I made different Easter Bunny cupcakes this time, but I have to keep your idea in mind.

Johanna said...

Too cute! I love them so much I am sharing this on my blog with a link back to you. Thanks for sharing!!

Kath said...

this is gorgeous! I love the mini donuts idea. you are very talented. I'm glad I found your blog because I am your newest follower now!

kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

these have to be my favorite bunny cupcake I have seen...and I have seen a lot! Thanks, your site is awesome!

Mrs. White said...

What a beautiful effort!

I can just imagine the excitement in your children's eyes when they see this!

Mrs. White
The Legacy of Home

Mimi said...

These are such cuties! We love thoses donuts and will have to try this for sure! thanks for sharing. Found you at Be Different, Act Normal!

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

What a fun and cute idea! Love the bunny!
I would love for you to share it at my linky party @ {nifty thrifty sunday}!
xoxo,
Vanessa

Dacia said...

Seriously adorable! What a great idea :)